Wednesday 1 April 2020

New Beginnings at Glendale Hall by Victoria Walters



Emily Prescott’s life isn’t going to plan. Her dreams of starting a family with fireman boyfriend Greg and opening up her own bakery in London feel like they will never come true. So when a wedding
invite arrives from her oldest friend, Beth Williams, Emily is thrilled. Not only will she get to return to her childhood home in Scotland, but best of all – Beth wants her to bake the wedding cake!

However, her excitement is cut short when she discovers that Greg has cheated on her. Devastated by his betrayal, Emily flees to Glendale Hall, Beth’s grand estate in the Highlands, and tries to distracts herself with helping with the wedding plans, but that’s not easy when Greg keeps hounding her to forgive him. Then she’s introduced to Glendale’s new young and handsome vicar Brodie, and things become even more complicated.
When Emily discovers that Greg’s betrayal runs deeper than she imagined, she finds herself with a whole host of decisions to make, especially when she discovers her long awaited dream is finally being fulfilled – at exactly at the wrong time…


I have been out of the loop recently with latest book releases but after finally stepping back into the world of books after finding my love of reading slowly returning I noticed one of my favourite new authors, Victoria Walters had a new book out titled New Beginnings at Glendale Hall and I immediately downloaded it to read. Like I say I have been out of the loop with releases so I read this book without actually realising that there had been an earlier release called Coming Home to Glendale Hall but I still managed to read this book as a stand alone novel with no issues and after meeting the characters I now can not wait to go back and read the first book in the series.



Emily is a baking goddess and is due to set off to Glendale Hall ahead of her best friend Beth’s upcoming wedding where she will be making her friends Wedding cake. At a time when she should be surrounded by love and positivity her world comes crashing down around her and leaves her heartbroken and craving the comfort and support of those at the Hall sooner than planned. Spending so much time with friends and loved ones is just what she needs especially when she has important decisions to make but will she be lead by her head or her heart?


Emily was such a selfless character who lacked confidence and has had more than her fair share of life struggles. Greg was a character who I quickly took a dislike to due to his actions but as the storyline progressed and we find out a little more about him I found myself becoming a little more understanding but not accepting of his actions and I still wanted a positive outcome for him. I loved Emily’s best friend Beth and I can’t wait to read about her character more when I get my hands on the previous book in the series which I am lead to believes centres more on her and her partner.


The storyline does cover a number of delicate issues that many face in the real world from fertility to mental health issues and each of these topics were weaved into the storyline perfectly highlighting and bringing awareness without bringing the uplifting feel of the storyline down at the same time giving depth to the storyline.


Victoria Walters has such a n easy flow to her writing style that picks you up and sweeps you away from the first chapter and will take you on an emotional journey having you laughing one moment and bringing a lump to your throat in the next. One thing that is always strong in this authors novels is the feeling of love, support and kindness along with community spirit and this was all plentiful in this book leaving me with a warm cosy feeling as I close the last page.


I loved this storyline and the characters, I am pleased that I am not leaving the characters behind now that I can be reunited with them in the other book in the series.

Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS