Saturday 30 May 2020

The Cornish Cream Tea Summer by Cressida McLaughlin



Charlie has a new helper on her bus, her free-spirited and loveable cousin, Delilah, who’s paid a visit to the charming Cornish village of Porthgolow and is helping out on Charlie’s adorable cream tea bus.
When the director of a new TV series filming further along the coast tells Delilah that the bus would be the perfect addition to their onsite catering, she takes him a bit too literally. Charlie and Delilah find themselves caught up in the filming of a lavish period drama and it isn’t long before Delilah finds herself drawn to the handsome male lead.
But Delilah has made a habit of making rash decisions and it’s one of the reasons she’s hiding out in Cornwall. Could this be one impulsive step too far, or is a change of direction the start of something quite unexpected…


When my copy of The Cornish Cream Tea Summer pinged it’s way onto my kindle I had a grin like a Cheshire Cat on my face at the thought of returning to Gertie and her delights in the luring setting of Porthgolow


Lila has caused a whirlwind of disaster with nothing keeping her in London her mum suggests she takes some time out and goes to spend some time with her cousin Charlie in Porthgolo
Not one to sit around Lila gets involved ( maybe a little too involved) in helping Charlie on the unique bus of delights and lands Gertie a new job on a production set.

Oh this novel was all I hoped for and more. It was like revisiting a much loved holiday destination and reuniting with friends rather than looking back at a novel. There is something about that Cream Tea Bus that has just got me hook, line and sinker! I loved that Charlie and Gertie were still a big part of this storyline rather than just a mere glimpse at how they are doing, as well as many of the memorable locals like lovable little Jonah making an appearance. Lila was a flawed character who unintentionally seemed to cause problems but yet I loved her character and at times I just wanted to shake her.

I’m not one who enjoys novels set around actors, actresses and film sets as I don’t find the razzmatazz of it all enjoyable to read but I have to say this storyline worked well, it is helped by the fact all the actors seemed down to Earth with not all the diva attitude going on. 

This book needs to come with a big red warning, because not only are the mouthwatering cream teas going to get you drooling but there are so many other delicious delights to tease us from raspberry doughnuts to passion fruit cheese cakes and all washed down with an array of signature coffees I think I consumed a years worth of calories just through touching the pages! 

I can not recommend this book enough if you are looking for an upbeat cheery read of new beginnings, romance and diet sabotage! I really hope we will be revisiting the Cream Tea Bus in another book because it has become my new addiction.

Kindle                     Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS