Thursday 19 November 2020

Finding Love at the Christmas Market by Jo Thomas

 



Residential-home caterer Connie has had one online-dating disaster too many. Hurt in the past and with her son to consider, now she's feeling hesitant. Then one of Connie's residents sets her up on a date at a beautiful German Christmas market - with the promise she'll take a mini-bus full of pensioners along with her...

Amongst the twinkling lights and smell of warm gingerbread in the old market square, Connie heads off on her date with a checklist of potential partner must-haves. Baker Henrich ticks all the boxes, but when Connie meets Henrich's rival William, she starts to wonder if ticking boxes is the answer.


This years festive reads have been amazing, in previous years more often than not our teasing seasonal book jackets and our fabulously festive titles lure us in only to find barely a whiff of festivity inside but not this year, they are all oozing the festivity feels including my latest read Finding Love at the Christmas Market by Jo Thomas.

Jo Thomas has really blown me away with her last two novels and has crept up there with my favourite authors. This book is fast paced and packed full of love, friendship, hope and cheer. The descriptive writing style was bad for my waistline, I felt as though I was walking through the market and into the Bakery with our characters inhaling all the sweet heady rich smells from delicious warm gingerbread to the rich sweet hot chocolate all making my mouth water.

The traditional Bakery and the wooden cabins for all the stalls to hold their festive offerings at the market were so enchanting and I am so desperate to visit my first Christmas market now so Covid could you kindly do one now please!

Connie was a wonderful main character with a heart of gold who deserved a real chance at love and to find someone who will cherish her and have the same interests to live a wonderful life together and I enjoyed watching her journey to happiness.

The love and passion Connie and WiIliam both have for baking is infectious and I would have loved to see the masterpiece that they made. 

This book ticked all the boxes for me and will definitely be a book I will be gifting to friends this Christmas. I absolutely loved this book and I am excited to see what this author has lined up for us next.


Paperback                 Kindle


Are you a book shop lover? If so think about ordering from the link below to help support bookshops.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS