Monday 1 March 2021

The Castaways by Lucy Clarke

 



A SECRET BEACH.

A HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME.

WISH YOU WERE HERE?

THINK AGAIN…

It should be like any other holiday.

Beautiful beaches.

Golden sunsets.

Nothing for miles.

You’ll never want to leave.

Until you can’t…


I love Lucy Clarke's novels but it has been 2 years since we were last able to lose ourselves in her last release so I was desperate to read her new release The Castaways.


Sisters Erin and Lori take a holiday of a lifetime together to Fiji but after an argument between the pair Erin doesn't take their morning flight with Lori. When devastation strikes and the plane disappears Erin spends the next 2 years desperately trying to find answers and locate the plane to know if her sister is missing or dead.


You can always count on Lucy Clarke to deliver an unpredictable storyline surrounded by the danger of water and once again the author has managed to pull the wool over my eyes with a shock revelation which I didn't see coming at any point. Although I have to say that this time there was also one part that I had already predicted but that didn't effect my enjoyment of the novel I just had a little fist bump to myself when it was revealed to congratulate myself

The chapters were short and sharp alternating between Lori's point of view which was written in the past and Erin's point of view which was told in the current day and I  was equally invested in both of the sisters. I love a good castaway story after reading On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves, I love to watch how the characters discover survival skills to stay alive and also to watch as time goes by the personalities of castaways begin to change as hunger and survival instincts kick in and they have to work out who to trust and who is a threat.

I love how the author also explores the incredibly strong bond that the sisters have but that she also shows the importance of not becoming suffocated by that bond and living a life through each other but to take your own path and live your own life knowing that they are always there for love and support.

This was another great tension building adventure by Lucy Clarke which kept me intrigued the whole way through. The authors impeccable writing style provides pure escapism and the dual narrative worked perfectly around this storyline.

I definitely recommend this book and I hope the author doesn't make us wait quite as long for her next novel.


Kindle                           Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS