Wednesday 2 February 2022

It Must Be Love by Caroline Khoury

 






Although I have my firm favourite authors, I do love discovering new authors who blow me away, the latest being Caroline Khoury with her debut novel It Must Be Love.

When Abbie met Oz they were young, idealistic students from different backgrounds, but their connection was unmistakable. Then Oz went home to Istanbul and life moved on.

Years later, Abbie and Oz meet again - a chance encounter that could change everything.

Despite leading very different lives, they find themselves drawn to each other once more. But they have commitments, jobs and families that take priority - and too much time has passed... Hasn't it?

 

These characters really get under your skin and the chemistry that flows between them burns through the pages. The author has delivered an epic love story but one that is also believable as it tackles real obstacles and life situations that all can have an effect on the path we take in life. Do you follow your head and take the simple route or your heart and have what your heart desires?

This novel managed to keep me guessing the whole way through right up to the last couple of chapters which I find incredibly rare in romance novels these days and I think this is what stopped me from putting this book down resulting in me greedily reading in under a day desperate to see what the outcome would be!

The author managed to really bring these characters to life, not just Abbie and Oz but also the supporting characters from Charlie to Liz and I found I cared for each and every one of them. As much as I would like to talk more on my thoughts on characters, I am going to refrain from doing so as it could lead to a spoiler and I would hate to ruin anything for you as it is the not knowing that makes this book stand out!

At no point did my attention begin to wonder or did I feel like I wanted to skim read to get the storyline going there was always something happening to keep me intrigued and the characters developing, Caroline has such a beautiful flowing writing style.

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see this book appear on my top 10 at the end of the year because it has been a long time since I have read a book that has managed to distract me from the real world enough to read it under a day. I can not wait to see what this author has up her sleeve for us in the future, I know I will be there eagerly awaiting her next release.



Kindle                 Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS