Thursday 28 April 2022

Little Sister by Gytha Lodge

 




A teenage girl wanders out of the woods.

She's striking, with flame-red hair and a pale complexion. She's also covered in blood.

Detective Jonah Sheens quickly discovers that Keely and her sister, Nina, disappeared from a children's home a week ago. Now, Keely is here - but Nina's still missing.

Keely knows where her sister is - but before she tells, she wants Jonah's full attention . . .

Is she killer, witness, or victim?

And will Jonah find out what Keely's hiding, in time to save Nina?


Grytha Lodge is a new author to me and when I read the synopsis for her novel Little Sister it sounded gripping and sinister so I jumped at the chance to read this book to see if I could unravel the clues along the way.

This was certainly a novel that kept me on my toes and then knocked me right off of them! Following the trail of clues that would eventually piece together the disturbing picture of what sisters Nina and Keely have endured through all their time in the care system I was both eager for them to find justice but at times also sceptical of the innocence of the girls. There were cleverly written unexpected twists and revelations that had me turning back the page to see if I had missed something and this only kept me engrossed even more.

There was a dark and sinister feel at times and at others I felt my thoughts and emotions swaying as we see what effects the way people are treated can alter their personalities even for short bursts of times and make them see a side to them that they don’t like.

The race against time aspect of the storyline definitely helped to give this a pacey flow to the storyline making it hard to put down as I was desperate to unearth another clue.

One thing I did struggle with a little bit was keeping up with each of the detectives as they were mainly referred to in their surname and I had to keep turning back to piece together who was who and it just felt like I should already know who they were. Now I have to hold my hands up and say that about half way through this novel I found out online that this was actually the 4th book in the series which I should have looked into before reading this book because although I read this book and followed the storyline as a stand-alone I did feel like I was missing some back stories of the detectives and also I feel if I had read the previous ones I would be easy to distinguish between each character as I would be familiar with them.

I thought this was an addictive twisted read that I thoroughly enjoyed and I will definitely be picking up the previous books in this series now because this author has a very skilful writing style and I am intrigued by the detectives back stories now and need to know more.


Kindle                Hardback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS