Thursday 4 July 2024

Love Story by Lindsey Kelk

 



She’s a small-town schoolteacher, he’s a hotshot creative director. Together, it’s hate at first sight.

Sophie Taylor has a secret and Joe Walsh is the last person she'd tell. He’s devilishly handsome, incredibly hot – and far too sure of himself.

But Sophie desperately needs his help.

Because she's not just hiding something small. She is Este Cox, the mysterious romance author the entire world is desperate to unmask.

When a trip to the countryside means sharing a cottage with only one bed, it’s a short step to sharing a whole lot more besides… Can Sophie trust Joe with the truth – and be herself?


I am a huge Lindsey Kelk fan so I never hesitate in picking up her new release and I always go in blind not knowing what is awaiting me in the cover of her books other than an expected book of witty humour and a troubled romance. Her new release is Love Story is the perfect Summer read that had me chuckling away in the sunshine as I flew through this story in no time.

I loved the fact the storyline was wrapped around everything bookish, from book publishing characters, an author desperate to conceal her identity and a new bookshop launch so I was being absorbed into a world that intrigues me.

Our FMC is the lovely Sophie who was easy to warm to from early in the book and I could understand her reasons for wanting to keep her identity secret even if I knew the inevitable was going to happen at some point. Her love interest is the gorgeous Joe and he brings a splash of spice to the storyline and together they provide a few spicy scenes, sexual tension and some witty situations too my favourite being when Joe found himself in an unfortunate scenario with Sophie’s steamy auntie!

I absolutely loathed her brattish sister Charlotte and I was surprised to find myself coming around to her character a little at the end. I have to day I was a little jealous of her bookshop too! It looks at the incredible pressure people put on themselves when it comes to parents approval no matter what age we are we still hide things we know they may not approve of even into adulthood!

This books oozes Lindsey Kelks modern wit and romance, it is fast paced and engaging definitely one you will fly through this Summer.


Available to buy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS