Sunday 20 October 2013

Me and Mr Carrington by Alexandra Brown (short story )


Georgie Hart can’t believe her luck. It looks like Tom, the hunky boss of Carrington’s Department Store, in the picture-postcard town of Mulberry-on-Sea, is as hot for her as she is for him. After a romantic Italian get-together leaves her on Cloud Nine, Georgie is brought back down to earth with a bump when she has to get back behind the counter of the Luxury Handbags section. But when Georgie is left open-mouthed by a revelation from one of her well-heeled customers, it seems like Tom hasn’t been entirely honest with her. Has Georgie done her usual trick of adding two and two together to make five?


I have just finished reading Me and Mr Carrington by Alexandra Brown which is a short story which I am not usually a fan of but I loved it! It was great to meet back with the fun loving characters of Carrington’s and to get a glimpse as to what has been going on since we left them.

It was great to have Eddie back in my life, he is such and fun character, I think everyone could do with a friend like Eddie to bring some sunshine into our lives. Georgie is still a down to earth lovable character and it feels like we are meeting back with old friends. I love that although it was only a short story it didn’t feel rushed at all and also you fall in to the storyline straight away. I do feel that you need to have read Cupcakes at Carrington’s before reading this novella just so you get to know the characters first.

Obviously with this being a novella I can’t really talk about the storyline as I will give too much away but what I will say is if you loved Cupcakes at Carrington’s as much as I did then this one really will not disappoint. It was great to have a little fix to keep me going until I can read Alexandra Brown’s next release.


This has left me wanting more and I can not wait for Christmas at Carrington’s to be released now.


kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS