Thursday 9 October 2014

The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern


Jasmine loves two things: her sister and her work. And when her work is taken away she has no idea who she is. Matt loves two things: his family and the booze. Without them, he hits rock bottom. One New Year’s Eve, two people’s paths collide. Both have time on their hands; both are at a crossroads. But as the year unfolds, through moonlit nights and suburban days, an unlikely friendship slowly starts to blossom. Sometimes you have to stop still in order to move on…


I have just finished reading The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern and it was not what I was expecting at all. I thought is was going to be a full on romance novel but I couldn't have been more wrong. There was a touch of romance to this book but it was only a small part of this great book. I actually found this book really entertaining and I did find myself chuckling away at both Jasmine and Matt's antics especially the one involving the toilet roll, I think I found it so funny because it is something that I would actually love to do! 

The book is told from Jasmine's point of view and I had to wonder at first if she was depressed and bordering on being a stalker from her thoughts but my opinion of her soon changed and I really liked her character. Her caring and protective side towards her sister really shone through in this book. Matt was a very unpredictable character and he was my favourite in this book you just never knew what on earth he was going to get up to next!

I read this book in one sitting, it was such an easy read and quite a basic storyline really but yet it had me hooked! The book does feature gardening and seasons with Jasmine taking the term garden leave to a new extreme but it was great to watch her progress. I love how unpredictable the whole book was, I had my suspicions as to what was going to happen romantically and I was way off target, I do love it when an author can pull the wool over my eyes. Although the book was entertaining it did cover more serious and realistic things too but all in all it was an enjoyable read that had me tickled.



Kindle                     Hardback

1 comment:

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS