Monday 28 May 2018

The Man Who Didn't Call by Rosie Walsh



Imagine you meet a man, spend seven glorious days together, and fall in love. And it’s mutual: you’ve never been so certain of anything.
So when he leaves for a long-booked holiday and promises to call from the airport, you have no cause to doubt him.
But he doesn’t call.
Your friends tell you to forget him, but you know they're wrong: something must have happened; there must be a reason for his silence.
What do you do when you finally discover you're right? That there is a reason – and that reason is the one thing you didn't share with each other?
The truth.

I feel like I have been waiting forever for the release of The Man Who Didn’t Call by Rosie Walsh, I loved the authors books written under Lucy Robinson so I was looking forward to reading her new release. HOWEVER! Now I have finished the book I have spent the best part of a week trying to review this book because it is truly an amazing read but I think what made it so great was knowing absolutely nothing about it, there were no reviews circulating no comments and I didn’t even read the synopsis! So I had no idea what lay ahead and I think this was why the book blew me away and with this in mind I am so conscious not to give anything away so this may be a very short review ( I am tempted to leave it at BUY IT!)
The storyline begins as one I am sure a lot of us can relate to, after Sarah and Eddie randomly meet over a sheep one day they have the best few days together. Eddie is due to fly on holiday and the pair are already making plans for his return and as he leaves he promises to call Sarah.....
Eddie didn’t call……
Sarah thinks of every possible reason as to why he hasn’t called and she pushes the boundaries of sanity trying to find him.

The storyline is fast paced and the author is very clever with her writing style as you get a little too comfortable with the flow of the storyline so you don’t expect certain things to then be sprung on you! It is one of those reads that you find predictable but are looking forward to seeing the events along the way to the conclusion you have deemed to happen only to then have everything thrown back in your face and have you checking to see if someone has just stolen a few pages out of the book!
Sarah is such a lovely character who I was rooting for from the first meeting, I could easily sympathise with her and could relate to the mad thoughts that go through your mind as to the reason for the no call, these things start of so small and innocent to then blow up to the extreme which brought a little humour to the storyline.
This book will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions from hope and laughter to heartbreak and shock. At no point will you be able to put this book down so put a day aside as you will need to finish it in one greedy swoop!
This is such a great read that will leave a mark on you, I can not name another author who manages to shock me as much as Rosie Walsh does. This book will be big news and it deserves every mention it gets I just can not wait for another book by Rosie Walsh I just hope she doesn’t keep us waiting too long!






Kindle                     Hardback 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this, it sounds fab! Glad that you enjoyed it so much Rea. Thank you for sharing your great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds exciting! I might have to give it a read ��

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS