Sunday 2 June 2024

Twin Crowns by Catherine Doyle and Katherine Webber

 



Two sisters. One throne. Who will ultimately rise to power and wear the crown?

Wren Greenrock has always known that one day she would steal her sister’s place in the palace. Trained from birth to avenge her parents’ murder and usurp the princess, she will do anything to rise to power and protect the community of witches she loves.

Princess Rose Valhart knows that with power comes responsibility including marriage into a brutal kingdom. Life outside the palace walls is a place to be feared and she is soon to discover that it’s wilder than she ever imagined.

Twin sisters separated at birth and raised into entirely different worlds are about to get to know each other’s lives a whole lot better…


Twin Crowns is the first book in this series of three written by Catherine Doyle and Katherine Webber and I thoroughly enjoyed this book so much so the minute I finished it I went straight online to order the second book!

I am usually a romance reader but recently I have started to dip my toe into a few fantasy books but if I am honest I have struggled as I find the plentiful characters and unusual names and places all become a little overwhelming and mindboggling ( I am dyslexic so this could have an effect)

BUT … I had absolutely no problems with this book at all, I sailed through it and can now say I have read a YA Fantasy that I absolutely loved.

We are introduced to twin sisters Wren and Rose who live very different lives as they were separated at birth but whereas Wren knows of her sister Rose who is set to take the throne and become the Queen of Eana, Rose has no knowledge of her sister Wren who is about to threaten her claim to the throne in an attempt to save the lives of innocent witches.

The storyline is so well structured with each character alternating between each of our two sisters and this allowed us to really get to know each of the girls well and see how their childhoods have differed and we learn they have both been told very different stories of why their parents were killed.

Witchy fans you will love this one as this is a big theme in this book and this magical element was something that I really enjoyed as well as the little sprinkling of romance too. The book is fast paced and actioned packed and although it was clearly setting up for something big to come in the future books it didn’t feel like this book was holding anything back or lacking adventure in any way.

There was also a great amount of humour weaved into the storyline too, thanks to supporting characters as well as our FMCs so this book really did tick all the boxes for me. Ideal start for those taking their first steps into the Fantasy world of books.


Available on Kindle Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS