Sunday 29 January 2012

More Like Her by Liza Palmer



I had never read any books by Lisa Palmer so when I was given the chance to read More Like Her I wasn’t sure what to expect but I couldn’t wait to get started.

Plot
'I'm not the girl men choose. I'm the girl who's charming and funny and then drives home alone wondering what she did wrong. I'm the girl who meets someone half-way decent and then fills in the gaps in his character with my own imagination, only to be shocked when he's not the man I thought he was. I'm the girl who hides who she really is...'


Frannie has spent her life disguising who she really is for fear of falling short of other people's expectations. And when she meets her new boss, Frannie can't help but wish she was just a bit more like her. Because Emma has it all: the job, the lifestyle, the happy marriage... even the perfect dog.


But everything is not as it seems. And Frannie's about to find out - in the hardest way possible - that chasing perfection isn't necessarily the route to the happy life that she's always imagined it to be.


A heartbreaking and romantic story about love, life, friendship and the true importance of chasing your own dreams.


My Opinion.
I have to say I am not a fan of the cover of this book in my opinion it is a little bland, it wouldn’t be one that would catch my eye whilst searching the shelves for my next book. I found the storyline had a very slow start and I struggled to keep reading, it did reach a point where I was ready to give up but luckily it was just after this point where there was a shocking twist in the book which finally managed to grab my attention.

My favourite character in this book has to be Sam, I found that his character felt like he was developed more than the other characters in this book. I especially found it moving how Sam dealt with his situation in the big twist in this book. It was clear that Sam had feelings for Frannie but because of her past she seemed to constantly be putting barriers up after she had had a great time with Sam but I think this was to protect herself from getting hurt again. Frannie was an easy character to warm to at times you wanted to give her a big cuddle and at other times you wanted to give her a good shake!

I am surprised that the character of Emma wasn’t more developed because there is a situation involving her which really should have pulled at my heart strings but I didn’t really feel like I knew anything about her so although I was shocked I don’t feel like I experienced the emotions I should have been feeling at this point in the story.

For me the best part of this book was the shocking chapter which there is no way you can predict when this is about to happen in this book because there is no build up to it. It was a relatively quick read but I do feel it was hard to get through the first half of this book but it is worth persevering with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS