Tuesday 24 December 2013

The First Christmas without You by Michelle Betham

Visit

After finishing all my Christmas preparations I decided to sit down with a glass of wine and a quick festive read for the evening and so I opted for The First Christmas Without You by Michelle Betham, that stunning wintery cover was hard to resist.

Jessie is heartbroken, this will be her first Christmas without her husband and so she decided to do something different and jet off to Lapland to do things a little different this year. Will this be the first step to her moving on?


This was a heartfelt, short read that was emotional and yet hopeful. The setting was perfect, what better place to feature a festive read than in Lapland. We have all been there and lost someone close to us and faced the dreaded first Christmas without them so we can all relate to Jessie’s situation. I did find the situation with Mikku was rather predictable but this didn’t dampen my enjoyment of this novella. 

I thought it was a perfect little read that makes you feel as though there is hope of finding love again after loss. This was an ideal magical Christmas read that also showcased the writing of an author who is new to me and I loved the flow of her writing style so I would love to read a full length novel of hers.





Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS